1. Explain several cooling mechanisms that can bring materials close to 0K
2. Explain the properties of superfluids
3. Explain some applications of superfluidity.
4. Explain the properties of some metals at very low temperature.
5. Explain some applications of superconductors.
Depending on the level to be covered, the material here can be quite mathematical, including, say, BCS theory of superconductivity.But this would involve coverage of phonons, coupled oscillators, etc. Same with superfluids: one would have to get into phonon distributions as functions of T.(Note: b/c of this, there are mathematical similarities between superfluids and superconductors) Probably best to be simply descriptive here, with focus on general rules of thumb, applications, and current research, e.g. high -T superconductors. Stress the energy benefits of superconductivity...